Rosendahl Nextrom is the leading global supplier of production technologies for optical fibers and fiber optic cables. Our core competencies include solutions for optical glass making, fiber drawing, fiber coating, ribbon making, proof testing and fiber optic cable production. From first contact onwards, we provide customized high-quality solutions and personal support to ensure total customer satisfaction.
Rosendahl Nextrom Oy is a part of Rosendahl Nextrom group. The parent company Rosendahl Nextrom GmbH is an Austrian based company which belongs to the family owned Knill Group. Rosendahl Nextrom is a global leader in battery, cable & wire, and optical fiber production technologies. Our goal is to connect customer needs with our technology. Quality, customization, product know-how and close co-operation with our partners are our core values.
For us at Rosendahl Nextrom, it is not enough that we design, manufacture, and assemble our solutions; it is our joy and motivation to create professional solutions perfectly suited to particular needs of our customers.
Now we are looking for
Team leader of purchasing
to a permanent position to our Vantaa office.
Do you have technical education combined with commercial understanding and knowledge in the field of purchasing? Do you have experience in leading a small team? If yes, this position could be what you are looking for!
You will lead our small local purchasing team and work in a matrix organization with our global category managers to purchase the required material in the expected quality and time with the best value/price ratio.
You will purchase project related machines and materials for our project realization. Your task will be to build up a good relationship with our suppliers and create a partnership with them which brings value to all stakeholders.
You will report to the Global Director of Supply Chain Management. As a local team leader of purchasing you will be a supervisor for the local team.. You will work in close co-operation with the Category Managers for the professional development in your location. Your supervisor is based in our office in Austria.
You will work in close co-operation with several internal and external stakeholders like global purchasing team, suppliers, engineering, project management, product management, work preparation, production, sales and after sales.
Your main duties and responsibilities briefly:
- Be a supervisor for the local purchasing team
- Work in close co-operation with the category managers to implement our strategy and improvements
- Represent purchasing in internal meetings with the stakeholders
- Purchase technically sophisticated machines to complete our product portfolio
- Clarify the requirements (product type, quantity, deadlines, specification) in close co-operation with project management, product management and engineering
- Process inquiries including comparison of offers
- Coordinate order processing (negotiating contracts and prices, orders, etc.)
- Be responsible for the smooth process from the start of the project to the delivery and commissioning of the required products
- Support suppliers and further improve the co-operation with the business units
- Monitor continuously the procurement process
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a development-oriented team player with technical education, commercial understanding, and professional experience in special machine construction. Personal characteristics such as determination, reliability, communication skills, accuracy and persistence will support succeeding in this role. Earlier work experience in procurement, good negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills are beneficial in this position. In this role you need to be able to negotiate in English fluently. Are you an active communicator and a problem-solver who co-operates fluently with different stakeholders across functions? Does team leader role motivate you, and would you be a good supervisor?
We are looking for a person with:
- Completed technical studies in the field of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering or similar
- Commercial understanding
- Professional experience in special machine construction, ideally in the areas of purchasing
- Good self-management skills
- Ability and willingness to take responsibility of your work independently
- Ability to lead our local purchasing team
- Ability and willingness to do both strategic development and hands-on work
- Good communication and co-operation skills
- Reliability and open-minded attitude
- Fluent Finnish and English language skills (written and spoken)
- Good computer skills (SAP and MS Excel)
What we offer?
We offer you an interesting job as a part of international purchasing team. When working at Rosendahl Nextrom you will get to be part of a leading global supplier of production technologies for optical fibers and fiber optic cables and work with highly motivated and professional colleagues. Our customers are all around the world and we offer you a truly global business environment. Our Vantaa office is located near Aviapolis train station (1km) and Kehä III.
Did we catch your interest?
To apply, please send your application as soon as possible, and latest by by 15th of August 2022.
For more information you can contact either Markus Lehto 0400 603 208 after 8th August during office hours, or Niina Kronqvist, 040 516 9903, firstname.lastname@example.org after 8th of August.