Rosendahl Nextrom Oy is the leading global supplier of production technologies for optical fibers and fiber optic cables. Our core competencies include solutions for optical glass making, fiber drawing, fiber coating, ribbon making, proof testing and fiber optic cable production. From first contact onwards, we provide customized high-quality solutions and personal support to ensure total customer satisfaction.
For us at Rosendahl Nextrom, it is not enough that we design, manufacture, and assemble our solutions; it is our joy and motivation to create professional solutions perfectly suited to particular needs of our customers. Find out more at www.rosendahlnextrom.com and Rosendahl Nextrom - YouTube.
We are now looking for a R&D Operations Manager to a permanent position to our R&D Centers in Vantaa.
Purpose of the position:
In this position you will manage and coordinate Vantaa, Finland R&D centers (optical glass and cable making) operative planning and execution to support Preform, Fiber draw, UV-Post draw and Fiber Optic Cable production process and technology development for optical fiber production. You will report to R&D Manager and collaborate with other internal and external stakeholders like Engineering, Product Management, Procurement, and chemical and material suppliers for example.
- R&D center management and supervision work
- Coordinating and managing R&D centers daily operation and supervision work for machine operators and service technicians
- Coordinating and managing R&D projects which are related to R&D centers.
- Responsibility for R&D centers daily operation, safety, and continuous improvement.
- To create, maintain, and execute weekly operative plans including:
- trial runs, customer demos and process trainings
- raw materials, consumables and spare parts inventory management and purchase request creation
- machine and infra maintenance
- Operative tasks like work shift and resource planning for trial runs and maintenance work.
- To ensure R&D centers operative plan and performance in co-operation with Product Management
- Providing operative budget estimation based on planned operation.
Requirements to succeed in the role:
We are looking for a person with applicable technical education (for example polytechnic or university level), work experience from technical field and capacity to work in a supervisory role. Strong coordination skills and ability to manage the big picture. Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to adapt into different situations and willingness to develop the R&D Centers with a project management approach as a side role. Good communication skills, written and oral in English and Finnish language. And ability to collaborate with several different stakeholders is also required to succeed in this position.
What we offer?
When working at Rosendahl Nextrom you get to be part of a leading global supplier of production technologies for optical fibers and fiber optic cables and work with highly motivated and professional colleagues. Our customers are all around the world and we offer you a truly global and international business environment. Our Vantaa office is located near Aviapolis train station (1km) and Kehä III.
Did we catch your interest?
To apply, please fill in the application as soon as possible, and latest by 13.10.2023. If you have any questions, you can contact recruitment consultant Niina Kronqvist email@example.com or R&D Manager Tomi Dahl firstname.lastname@example.org.